The inspiration

 So,  I'm preparing again for another trip. A road trip to Sydney.  

The blog name is inspired by my wish to further explore the Grand Ridge Road, which I tried to find in 2023 and only succeeded in intercepting it half way along its route.  Plus my wish to explore Victoria's Great Alpine Road.  Whether this proves to be a good choice or otherwise remains to be seen.

The planning gets a little frustrating if relying on info sent by tourist agencies, which appear to focus entirely on businesses with only a passing reference to natural wonders, so I am having a lovely time seeking out natural wonders I might wish to explore rather than visit the umpteenth gift shop or engage in an activity the purpose of which is to separate money from visitors - though there are one or two of those that might put in an appearance on my itinerary.

 My accommodation will again be a mix of staying with friends, booked accommodation and camping, and I have invested in the Wikicamps app to assist with plans for the latter.

The loose plan at the moment is to arrive in Melbourne on 28th May (actually, nothing loose about that), spend a couple of days in Melbourne catching up with a friend or two then head through South Gippsland on the Grand Ridge Road, travel northwest on the Great Alpine Road and on to Sydney for the King's birthday long weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobart to Geelong - a painful trip!

It pays to be flexible

Another lovely day out with Jonathon